Winter is officially over and warmer temperatures are on the way.
The Orchard Children’s Centre is starting the yearly Sunscreen Program with some helpful hints for everyone.
As we unpack the shorts and t-shirts and prepare for outdoor play, we all need to think ahead and protect our children. During the tail end of what I call the eternal winter, I found myself surfing the web dreaming of days filled with sun, and this is a bit of what I found…
Click on the link below and to find out more about those summer rays and how to protect your skin from its harmful effects. When these rays reach the skin, they cause tanning, burning, and other skin damage.
Facts About Sun Exposure
Did you know that sunlight contains three types of ultraviolet rays: UVA, UVB, and UVC? What’s important is to protect your family from exposure to UVA and UVB, the rays that cause skin damage.
I learned many other helpful hints at kidshealth.org, under headings such as;
- Melanin: The Body’s First Line of Defense
- Avoid the Strongest Rays of the Day
- Cover Up
- Use Sunscreen Consistently
- Use Protective Eye-wear for Kids
- Double-Check Medications
- If Your Child Gets a Sunburn
- Be Sun Safe Yourself
- Treat your children and yourself to a long and healthy life with some tips on how to stay safe this summer.